Why hire a professional resume writer?
Applying for jobs can take weeks. Hiring managers and recruiters want to see your unique value — fast. Resume selection decisions are often made within a minute.
We work together to review your career history, select important achievements, and phrase them in compelling ways — to emphasize a match between the target employer’s needs and your skills. Your goals, talents, experience, and voice drive the process. A resume is not just a document that captures your past results; it positions you strategically for your future career direction.
My aim is to help you articulate your unique measurable accomplishments and expedite your job application process, while engaging you in a focused and time-efficient way. If you are currently employed and not looking for new work, I can assist with revising and strengthening your brand.
What are the benefits of a professionally written resume?
- more interview invitations
- better interview performance
- leverage to negotiate a higher salary
- a shorter and more efficient job search process
- clarity about your career history and direction
- a well-shaped personal brand that can be easily updated
- a boost in confidence as you stand out from the competitors
What is the resume writing process like?
- Email me your current resume and a link to a target position.
- I will respond with a price quote and suggestions for our approach.
- Ask more questions or send a payment to place your order in my queue.
- I will send the first draft within 3-5 business days of payment.
- We may speak on the phone before or after the first draft to discuss the details.
- We will finalize the revisions.
- I will send your final resume (package) in MS Word and PDF, along with more resources for job search.
Why hire me?
- I am a member of Career Professionals of Canada and participate in professional development via Career Thought Leaders.
- I have 7+ years of experience with award-winning resume companies in the US and Canada.
- I excel at asking specific questions to gather data about your accomplishments.
- I listen intently and offer a personalized approach to understand your career history, goals, and potential employers.
- Together, we focus on the skills and results that your next employer or client wants to see.
- I support you beyond the resume and share career development suggestions for your specific situation based on the latest industry trades.
- I create concise, high-impact content and offer bundle packages (resume, CV, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, phone consultation, and/or editing).
Turnaround time for the first draft is usually 3-5 business days.
What is the cost of a resume and a cover letter?
|Entry-level resume and cover letter (recent graduate or under 5 years of experience)||$265 – $295|
|Professional or Management resume and cover letter (6 – 10 years of experience)||$295 – $495|
|Executive resume and cover letter (Director, VP, C-Level Executive)||$495 – $795|
All orders include 2 revisions within 10 business days from the date of the first draft. At the end of the service, I also provide guidelines on how to use your new resume. This may include a Career Development Booklet and/or resources about interviewing, personal branding, networking, and job search.
|Career Development Phone Session (45 minutes)||$135|
|Resume and cover letter update||$165|
|LinkedIn Profile Document (including message templates)||$265|
All sales are final. Career Development phone session is customized for your goals and needs. It can cover job search and follow-up strategies, LinkedIn, networking, business communications, resume optimization for future roles, and more.
What else should I know about the job search?
A strong resume is just one component of your career strategy. The whole process includes market and company research, networking, online applications, customizing your career documents, following up, preparing for interviews, and negotiating salary once you get an offer.
If you need help with any of these stages, let’s talk. In the meantime, take a look at my resources page for useful podcasts and materials.
My former clients have reported receiving an interview request within six hours of submitting their resume and getting senior-level positions in organizations of their choice.
View a sales resume sample.
Read the latest job search suggestions.
Schedule a free phone consultation.