Why hire a professional resume writer?
Applying for jobs can take weeks or months. Hiring managers and recruiters want clarity about your professional value. As busy professionals who review hundreds of resumes, they make resume selection decisions within a short time (from a few seconds to a minute). My goal is to help you get the job interviews you want and give you the tools to succeed in and after the interview.
We work together to review your career history, select important achievements, and phrase them in compelling ways — to emphasize a match between the target employer’s needs and your skills. Your goals, unique differentiators, experience, and voice drive the process. A resume is not just a document that captures your past results; it positions you strategically for your future career direction.
My aim is to help you articulate your unique measurable accomplishments and expedite your job application process, while engaging you in a focused and time-efficient way. If you are currently employed and not looking for new work, I can assist with revising and strengthening your brand.
What are the benefits of a professionally written resume?
- more interview invitations
- better interview performance
- leverage to negotiate a higher salary
- a shorter and more efficient job search process
- clarity about your career history and direction
- a well-shaped personal brand that can be easily updated
- a boost in confidence as you stand out from the competitors
What is the resume writing process like?
- Email me your current resume, salary requirements, and 1-3 links to your desired roles.
- I send you the price quote and details about our approach.
- We schedule a resume strategy call (up to 60 minutes) to discuss your achievements.
- I send the first draft within 10 business days of payment.
- We finalize the revisions. I send your final resume (package) in MS Word and PDF, along with additional resources.
Why hire me?
- I have 9+ years of experience in the career services industry, including with award-winning resume companies in the US and Canada.
- I work with you one-on-one to help you meet your career goals and offer high-quality information to make your job search more efficient.
- I listen intently to understand your career history, goals, and potential employers.
- Together, we focus on the skills and results your employers want to see; I create high-impact documents that will serve you for years to come.
- I support you beyond the resume and share career development suggestions for your specific situation.
What is the cost of a resume and a cover letter?
|Entry-level resume and cover letter (under 5 years of experience)||$495 – $595 USD|
|Professional or Management resume and cover letter (6 – 15+ years of experience)||$595 – $895 USD|
|Executive resume and cover letter (Director, VP, C-Level Executive)||$895 – $995 USD|
All orders include:
✓ Resume Strategy phone consultation (up to 60 min)
✓ Two rounds of revisions within 10 business days from the date of the first draft
✓ Worksheets to assist with interview preparation, job search, and personal branding
✓ Thank you letter template and follow-up letter template
✓ Salary negotiations guidelines and resources
|Career Strategy Session (one hour)||$150 USD|
|Resume and cover letter update||$195 USD +|
|LinkedIn Profile Document (as an add-on service)||$245 USD|
All sales are final. Career Strategy Session is customized for your goals and needs. It can cover job search and follow-up strategies, career direction and clarity, personal branding, company research, LinkedIn, networking, resume optimization for future roles, and more.
What else should I know about the job search?
A strong resume is just one component of your career strategy. The whole process includes market and company research, networking, online applications, customizing your career documents, following up, preparing for interviews, and negotiating salary once you get an offer.
If you need help with any of these stages, let’s talk. In the meantime, take a look at my resources page for useful podcasts and materials.
My former clients have reported receiving an interview request within six hours of submitting their resume and getting senior-level positions in organizations of their choice.
View a sales resume sample.
Read the latest job search suggestions.
Schedule a free phone consultation.