Why hire a professional resume writer?
Applying for jobs can take weeks or months. When you apply online, your professional value needs to be clear. Hiring professionals who review hundreds of resumes make resume selection decisions within a short time (from a few seconds to a minute). My goal is to help you get the job interviews you want and give you the tools to succeed during and after the interview.
We work together to review your career history, select key achievements, and phrase them in compelling ways — to emphasize the match between the target employer’s needs and your skills. Your goals, unique differentiators, experience, and voice drive the process.
A resume should not only capture your past results. It should position you strategically for your desired career direction.
My aim is to help you articulate your unique accomplishments and expedite your job search, while engaging you in a focused and time-efficient way. If you are currently employed and not looking for new work, I can assist with updating and strengthening your brand.
What are the benefits of a professionally written resume?
- a more efficient job search process
- more interview invitations
- clarity about your professional value
- ability to negotiate a higher salary
- more confidence and focus as you begin to interview
- a clearly articulated personal brand that can be easily updated
What is the resume writing process like?
- Email me your current resume, salary requirements, and 1-3 links to your desired roles.
- I send you the price quote and details about our approach.
- We schedule a resume strategy call (up to 60 minutes) to discuss your achievements.
- I send the first draft within 10 business days of payment.
- We finalize the revisions. I send your final package (in MS Word, PDF, and .txt formats), along with additional resources.
Why hire me?
- I have 9+ years of experience in career services, including with award-winning resume companies in the US and Canada.
- I am a Certified Interview & Compensation Negotiation Coach by Career Thought Leaders Consortium (2023).
- I work with you one-on-one to help you meet your career goals and offer high-quality information to make your job search more efficient.
- I listen intently to understand your career history, goalshttps://www.careerthoughtleaders.com/, and potential employers.
- Together, we focus on the skills and results your employers want to see; I create high-impact documents that will serve you for the years to come.
- I support you beyond the resume and share career development suggestions for your specific situation.
What is the cost of a resume package?
|Entry-level resume and cover letter (under 5 years of experience)||$495 – $595 USD|
|Professional or Management resume and cover letter (6 – 15+ years of experience)||$595 – $895 USD|
|Executive resume and cover letter (Director, VP, C-Level Executive)||$895 – $995 USD|
All orders include:
✓ a resume strategy phone consultation (up to 60 min)
✓ two rounds of revisions within 10 business days from the date of the first draft
✓ worksheets to assist with interview preparation, job search, and/or personal branding
|Job Interview Coaching||$225 USD/hour or $395 USD for two sessions|
|Resume and cover letter update||$195 USD +|
|LinkedIn Profile Document (as an add-on service)||$265 USD|
All sales are final. I welcome any questions about job search and follow-up strategies, career direction and clarity, personal branding, company research, LinkedIn, networking, resume optimization for future roles, and more. Contact me.
What is a resume review service?
For clients on a budget who want to write their own resumes, I offer a resume review service that follows these steps:
- a phone/Zoom consultation to review your current resume (30 min)
- your time to review the Job Search and Resume Handbook (a 14-page PDF file with career worksheets and a resume sample)
- your time to rewrite your resume
- a review of your revised draft, with light edits (by email)
- a phone consultation to review and finalize your revised resume (30 min)
The cost of the service is $395 USD.
What else should I know about job search?
A strong resume is just one component of your career strategy. The whole process includes market and company research, networking, online applications, customizing your career documents, following up, preparing for interviews, and negotiating your salary once you get an offer.
“Tanya is gifted at what she does and operates with a generous spirit. The career services industry is better because she is in it.” ~ Marcia Wall, Career Success Coach
View a basic resume sample.
Read the latest job search suggestions.
Schedule a free phone consultation.