Resume Service for Writers & Editors
Why work with me?
As a writer and editor, I understand the specifics and modes of our work, including self-employment, freelance contracts, and project work. I have worked with many editors to highlight their expertise in ways that hiring managers want to see it – in line with the target role. I help you consolidate your career history with an emphasis on the areas of expertise, skills, and projects that illustrate your experience best for your next role.
Using my knowledge of the career services industry, I offer suggestions on job application process beyond the resume, including following up, interviewing, and negotiating compensation packages.
What is the process like?
- Email me your current resume, 1-3 links to target job descriptions, and 1-3 testimonials from your clients. I will confirm my availability and our next steps.
- Submit the payment via PayPal (US) or Interac (Canada).
- Complete a phone consultation (30-45 min) where I collect additional information about your goals and projects.
- Complete revisions. I send you the finalized package along with career development resources.
- (Optional) Complete the Career Strategy Session to discuss any items on your career development plan.
What are the fees?
Resume and cover letter: $365
Resume and career strategy session: $435
Resume, cover letter, and career strategy session: $495
“I hired Tanya to rewrite my resume and bring it up to date. My work spans several industries. As the owner of a freelance editing business, I struggled with how to present my skills and experience in an effective way. The questions Tanya asked me as she gathered information prompted deep thought about my clients and my business, which uncovered insights I would not have thought of on my own. The finished product is a masterfully woven presentation of my expertise and experience in an appealing package for potential clients and employers.” ~Editorial Consultant
Email me to start your resume review.