My Work Ethic
Since 2009, I have worked in remote environments in the U.S. and Canada—as a tutor, copyeditor, resume writer, and business copywriter. While I wholeheartedly believe in flexible work options and technological advances for efficiency, I always think about the value of meaningful interactions and trust in professional environments.
These are some principles of my work ethic as a professional writer:
- Active listening to my clients’ goals and needs in a collaborative process.
- Attention to the rhetorical situation: reader, writer, text, and content.
- Commitment to clarifying all the aspects of an assignment: the purpose of the text, desired action/outcome, key facts, background information, short-term and long-term goals, key stakeholders, and main challenges.
- Research and fact-checking to have a solid idea of the competition and core client groups.
- An appropriate tone – friendly, informed, and empathetic – based on audience analysis.
- Content is king. I pay attention to brevity, white space, and low visual load.
About the author:
Tanya Mykhaylychenko is a professional resume writer with a background in content writing, university teaching, and IT staffing. She is a member of Editors Canada and Career Professionals of Canada. For more information, please visit https://tm-editorial.com/about/ or contact her at email@example.com to schedule a free introductory consultation.