Hello. I’m Tanya Mykhaylychenko, an executive resume writer and job interview coach based in Montreal.
I have worked as a career professional since 2014, leveraging my background in business writing and university writing teaching. While I work primarily with managers, directors, VPs, and C-level executives, I can help job seekers at any level get clarity about their careers, apply for jobs strategically, be found online, and interview with confidence.
I have a Master of Arts in English from a writing-intensive program at Colorado State University (2009) and a certification as an Interview & Compensation Negotiation Coach (2023) by Career Thought Leaders, a think tank for coaches, counselors, and resume writers.
Executive Resume & LinkedIn Profile Writing
With 9+ years of experience in resume writing for executives, I have honed a customized and efficient approach. We discuss your goals and achievements during a one-hour resume strategy call. Based on my notes from the call, I write career documents to position you for your target roles.
- experience in executive resume writing for all industries, independently and with award-winning companies in the US and Canada (since 2014)
- professional development via Career Thought Leaders, Professional Association of Résumé Writers & Careers Coaches™, and Career Professionals of Canada
- experience in IT staffing operations
- Certified Interview and Compensation Negotiation Coach (2023)
As a copy editor, I review texts for clarity, impact, grammatical correctness, spelling, punctuation, and consistency of style and facts. I also apply Plain Language Principles to help readers understand, navigate, and act on digital content.
I ensure that the author’s message and expertise are reflected in a compelling way for the target readers, be it book chapters or online content. To view my completed book projects, click here.
Core skills and qualifications:
- copy editing training (CDPB 102) from Toronto Metropolitan University (2017)
- copy editing, line editing, and translation experience in the humanities and art history for Rodovid Press and McGill-Queen’s University Press
- experience in language assessment writing and editing for Paragon Testing Enterprises, the Canadian leader in English language testing
- professional development via College Art Association, Editors Canada, ACES, and Editorial Freelancers Association
- comparative editing in English and French for the federal government of Canada (full-time, in-house)
- editing non-native English and translations
- professional fluency in French and Ukrainian
As a Certified Interview & Compensation Negotiation Coach, I create a safe, customized space for you to improve your interviewing skills. I follow your agenda and listen intently to your unique needs.
- worksheets and resources to help you set the foundation for confidence and understand how job interviews work
- a deep dive to support your personal growth through coaching
- interviewing strategies for your unique situation
- an improvement in clarity and concision of your career messages
- ideas and tools for compensation negotiation
My Work Ethic
Since 2009, I have worked in remote environments in the U.S. and Canada—as a language teacher, copyeditor, and career professional. While I wholeheartedly believe in flexible work options and technological advances for efficiency, I always think about the value of meaningful interactions and trust in professional environments.
These are my commitments:
- I listen intently to my clients’ goals and create a collaborative space.
- I provide complete information for each client’s specific situation and needs.
- Clarity, honesty, and empathy are at the center of my practice.
- Working with me is confidential.
- I am available to answer questions by email at any time after I complete your project.
My clients enjoy working with me because of my efficiency, responsiveness, attentive listening, personalized approach, and adherence to deadlines.
Schedule a discovery call.
I’d love to connect with you.
View my resume.