Hello. I’m Tanya Mykhaylychenko, an executive resume writer and copy editor with a background in teaching writing at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado and TÉLUQ University in Montreal, Quebec.
I approach each project by carefully considering your goals, requirements, industry standards, and the audience for a particular text.
I have a Master of Arts in English from a writing-intensive program at Colorado State University (2009), copy editing training from Ryerson University (2017), and 15 years of combined experience in teaching, career services, and business writing.
Professional Resume Writing
My clients and I work together following a highly personalized and collaborative process. My goals are to save you time, get you the interviews you want, and provide suggestions for your career advancement.
- ~2,000+ resumes written to date for all industries and career levels
- 7+ years with award-winning resume companies in the U.S. and Canada
- expertise in developing strong LinkedIn profiles for personal branding
- experience in staffing company operations
- professional development via Career Thought Leaders
- membership in ACES: The Society for Editing
As a former writing teacher and a graduate of a Master’s program in Literature, I have knowledge of academic research, academic hiring processes, university admissions, and grant writing.
I am a flexible and courteous ally in editing web copy, business communications, academic applications, articles, or monograph chapters. Your goals, voice, and audience are the priority.
Core skills and qualifications:
- copy editing training (CDPB 102) from Toronto Metropolitan University (2017)
- copy editing, line editing, and translation experience in the humanities and art history for Rodovid Press and CIUS, University of Alberta/HREC
- experience in language assessment writing and editing for Paragon Testing Enterprises, the Canadian leader in English language testing
- professional development via Editors Canada, ACES, and Editorial Freelancers Association
- editing non-native English and translations
- professional fluency in French and Ukrainian
This session is a safe space – entirely customized for your needs – where we can discuss your initial ideas, target roles, and your priorities at this stage to start building your career story.
- strategic thinking to help you find your next job faster
- an overview of the latest best practices in job search, networking, and interviewing
- an improvement in clarity, concision, and efficiency of your career-related messages
My Work Ethic
Since 2009, I have worked in remote environments in the U.S. and Canada—as a tutor, copyeditor, language test writer, monograph translator, and resume writer. While I wholeheartedly believe in flexible work options and technological advances for efficiency, I always think about the value of meaningful interactions and trust in professional environments.
These are some principles of my work ethic as a professional writer and career coach:
- I listen intently to my clients’ goals and create a collaborative space.
- I provide complete information for each client’s specific situation and needs.
- Clarity, honesty, and empathy are at the center of my practice.
- Working with me is confidential.
- I am available to answer questions by email at any time after I complete your project.
My clients enjoy working with me because of my efficiency, responsiveness, attentive listening, personalized approach, and adherence to deadlines.
Email me to discuss your project.
I’d love to connect with you.
View my resume.